Sunday, September 5, 2010

The One with My Funny Kiddo



So, my kid makes me smile daily, several times daily in fact. I have said this many times, but every time I do, it becomes more and more true... I take JOY in her. She's kind, cares about others, is polite, well behaved (and that takes work people, you don't just pop out a well behaved kid) and smart. But the thing about her that is my favorite is that she says what she's thinking and it's usually quite humorous. This morning she tells me that she had a dream about getting her ears pierced, that "I've been wanting this my whole life, since I was 6 years old!" If that doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will. So now we're all about ear piercing. It's my plan to get ours pierced together, a mother daughter bonding thing. My mother never allowed me to get mine done and I have spent my life in search of cute clip on earrings, sneering in jealousy at all the fantastically fun pierced earrings that I can not wear. Needless to say, I don't wish the same upon my daughter. Anyway, I wanted to jot down some of the things she has said recently, for fun and make it a post, so here goes:


After going to the pool, we came home to eat but still in our bathing suits she says "Mommy can you turn off the air? I'm shivering me timbers."


When she got startled whilst playing hide and seek with a friend, "You scared me to heaven!


After summer clothes shopping one day "Awwww Mommy, we didn't get anything for you." That one's not funny, but I had to include it because it was so dang sweet.


This one speaks for itself, "Mommy, I have a SPLENDID idea! We should watch Tarzan while we eat dinner!"


After bumping a loose tooth and putting it in an awkward position, "It's my vampire tooth."


In hopes of riding in the new convertible with the top down, "I've been watching the news. The severe thunderstorm has moved to Alabama, so we're good. No rain in sight."


When she loses her train of thought, "Oh I lost my mind!"



What she said when I called to check in after school one day, "She's (my mom) still at school, Grandad is outside and I'm inside. But I'm behaving myself. I'm watching TV, helloooo."


I didn't hear her calling me until she screamed my name from the other end of the house, "I had to use my ugly voice because you were not listening to me."


After she took a big bite of something she didn't like, "I'm going to go ahead and swallow this since it's already in my mouth." (She has had a habit of spitting out or throwing up food she doesn't like)


There are so many other things that she has said and done that are absolutely priceless, so stay tuned for future posts like this one. Even now I'm reading over all these and laughing. I hope you enjoyed it as well.


MandaMadge :)

No comments: